YOUR AGREEMENT WITH GOTOBUS AND OUR SUPPLIERS
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE USING GOTOBUS.COM. BY ACCESSING GOTOBUS.COM, YOU AGREE TO ACCEPT, WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION, ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions of Use, please exit GotoBus.com immediately.
- 1. General Information
- 2. Bus Tickets
- 3. Tours, Vacation Packages & Shows ("Activity")
- 4. Hotels
- 5. Rates, Taxes, & Service Fees
- 6. Payments
- 7. Cancellations, Exchanges, & Complaints
- 8. Refunds and No Shows
- 9. Accepted Use of Site
- 10. Disclaimers & Limitations of Liability
- THE TRAVEL SERVICES AVAILABLE ON GOTOBUS.COM ARE PROVIDED BY INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS ("SUPPLIERS") THAT ARE NOT AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES OF GOTOBUS. UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW, ORDINANCE, OR REGULATION, GOTOBUS DOES NOT ASSUME LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, BREACHES OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY SUCH SUPPLIERS OR FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, MENTAL DISTRESS OR OTHER SIMILAR MATTER, DELAYED DEPARTURE, MISSED CONNECTION, SUBSTITUTION OF SERVICE OR ACCOMMODATIONS, TERMINATIONS OF SERVICE, OR CHANGES IN FARES AND RATES, AND/OR CANCELLATION OR DOUBLE BOOKING OF RESERVATIONS BY THE SUPPLIER.
- ALL TRAVEL SERVICES AND DOCUMENTS ISSUED ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SPECIFIED BY SUPPLIERS.
- All content on the site is subject to amendment without notice. All content is published in good faith but GotoBus does not check the accuracy of all information provided by Suppliers. GotoBus corrects errors and omissions upon learning of the same. GotoBus reserves the right to cancel a reservation, without liability or penalty to you, if an error or omission leads to a material and unreasonable outcome (i.e. a five-star hotel sold for ).
- You must confirm the Supplier's ability to meet special needs requests such as wheelchair accessible rooms directly with the Supplier. You should confirm this information immediately after confirmation of a reservation by GotoBus.
- The site provides an invitation to you to make an offer to purchase travel inventory. GotoBus is not making an offer to sell any travel inventory by providing access to the travel inventory to you on the site. You make an offer to purchase travel inventory when you complete all of the following: read our Terms and Conditions, click on "I have read and agree with the Terms & Conditions stated above" to indicate your approval and understanding of our Terms and Conditions, and click on "Complete My Order" to finalize the offer to purchase the reservation. GotoBus is free to accept or reject your offer to purchase. GotoBus's acceptance or rejection of your offer occurs when notice of the same leaves GotoBus’s email service. Upon acceptance of your offer, GotoBus will charge the entire payment owed, including applicable taxes and service fees when applicable, to the credit card that you provided to GotoBus.
- Reservations depend on the availability of travel products and are subject to confirmation upon payment.
- You must ensure that the information that you provide to GotoBus when making a reservation is accurate. You must inform GotoBus of any relevant changes to your contact information and/or other relevant changes to the information that you provided to GotoBus at the time of the reservation.
- The information provided on the site relating to mapping and distances is provided for informational purposes only and is not a guarantee or warranty of any kind by GotoBus.
- Your purchase of bus tickets is not accepted and confirmed until GotoBus sends an email, including ticket confirmation numbers, advising of the confirmation of the reservation and receipt of payment in full.
- All bus ticket purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Bus ticket purchases may, under certain circumstances, be exchanged prior to departure subject to payment of processing fees, any increases in fare, and similar surcharges which will be assessed at the time of the exchange.
- Changes to and cancellations of bus tickets can be made only if the Supplier and specific bus ticket rules permit the same. With the exception of self-rescheduling online, GotoBus will charge a $5.00processing fee per ticket for each change or cancellation request made through GotoBus's customer service agent by phone/email/fax. This processing fee will be charged in addition to the fee assessed by the Supplier. In addition, any increase in fare will be applicable. The processing fee may appear as a separate charge from GotoBus on the credit card statement. All approved changes and cancellations will be confirmed by an email confirmation notice from GotoBus.
Tours, Vacation Packages, Show ("Activity")
- Your purchase of Activity tickets is not accepted and confirmed until GotoBus sends an email, including ticket confirmation numbers, advising of the confirmation of the reservation and receipt of payment in full. GotoBus’s initial automated notification email, which does not contain ticket numbers, will be sent prior to the confirmation and is NOT a confirmation of the reservation even if the site indicates availability. If you do not receive a second email with the ticket numbers within 48 hours of booking, it is your responsibility to contact the GotoBus's customer support immediately.
- Packages and tours containing a bus component shall be subject to policies regarding bus tickets irrespective of the value of the components of the package or tour.
- Your purchase of hotel service is not accepted and confirmed until GotoBus sends an email, including ticket confirmation numbers, advising of the confirmation of the reservation and receipt of payment in full.
- Age restrictions apply to the reservation of hotel rooms. Generally, you must be at least 21 years of age to check into a hotel room. Review of the site is required for specific age restrictions relating to each reservation.
- Rates quoted are per room per night; hotel taxes and service fees are disclosed at the time of reservation, if applicable. Unless specifically stated on your reservation, rates do not include meals.
- Star ratings may be different to official ratings as they vary significantly by country, and often within countries. Hence it is your responsibility to review the description of hotel facilities, rooms, meals and other amenities to make the best decision for yourselves.
- The information provided on the site relating to mapping and distances is provided for informational purposes only and is not a guarantee or warranty of any kind by GotoBus of the location of the hotel.
- Requests for specific features (i.e. non-smoking facility, bedding type) are not guaranteed by GotoBus or Supplier. You acknowledge that the availability of the facilities and features listed for each hotel are under the direct control of the hotel and as such GotoBus or its affiliates cannot be held responsible if those facilities or features are not made available to you during the period of your stay.
Rates, Taxes, & Service Fees
- The Supplier, not the GotoBus, is the vendor of your travel inventory. The Supplier, as vendor, collects and remits taxes including but not limited to sales and use taxes, value added tax, excise tax, facility taxes, and other imposed taxes to the applicable tax authorities. GotoBus is not a vendor or co-vendor associated with the Supplier. The service charge imposed by GotoBus on your reservation is retained by GotoBus solely to service and fulfill your reservation requests.
- Rates are only guaranteed after receipt by GotoBus of full payment and issuing of confirmation with ticket confirmation number(s). Rates and schedules are subject to change without notice prior to payment and acceptance of your offer to purchase.
- Generally, restrictions apply to children and minors traveling alone, and Suppliers' rules may forbid such travel. It is your obligation to check the information on the site before making a reservation for an individual traveling alone who is under the age of 21.
- Fees assessed by payers' credit card processor, including international credit card transactions fees, will not be refunded by GotoBus. Note that GotoBus may use credit card processors that process the credit card payment transaction outside your local area.
- You must be 18 years of age and capable of legally entering into a binding contract to make a payment for travel inventory on the site.
- With the exception of group services, reservations must be paid in full by credit card at the time of reservation.
- GotoBus reserves the right to automatically charge the credit card upon acceptance of your offer to purchase travel inventory. GotoBus reserves the right to re-invoice in the event of clerical errors.
Cancellations, Exchanges & Complaints
- Once GotoBus sends you a confirmation of your purchase, a minimum cancellation fee shall apply. The applicable cancellation policies of service will be disclosed during the booking process and prior to your final approval of the reservation.
- All cancellations and complaints must be made directly to GotoBus using GotoBus's numbers provided on your eTicket and as follows: 617-354-2101. All complaints must be made when you know or should have known of the matter raised; generally, all complaints should be made at the start of or during consumption of the travel inventory.
- All complaints that are not made at the start of or during consumption of the travel inventory purchased shall be made as follows: either by calling GotoBus’s customer service center at 617-354-2101OR by contacting GotoBus's customer service center by email at support@GotoBus.com.
- A complaint will be considered to be timely if you make the complaint when you know or should know of the matter relating to the complaint, provided however, all complaints must be submitted to GotoBus in writing no later than 30 days after end of service or, if travel inventory was not consumed, reserved start date. The request must include the return of all issued documentation. Untimely requests for refunds or compensation will not be reviewed.
- Cancellation requests and complaints made directly to the Supplier will not be reviewed by GotoBus.
Refunds and No Shows
- Timely requests for refunds that were not satisfactorily addressed in real time must be submitted to GotoBus in writing no later than 30 days after end of service, end of service means the final date of consumption of travel inventory, or if travel service was not consumed, reserved start date. Requests for refunds after this time period will not be reviewed.
- If you fail to check into your hotel on the day of your reservation and do not advise GotoBus and hotel of the same, the remaining portion of your reservation may be cancelled without further notice. Unless specified otherwise in your reservation, you may not receive a refund for all or part of your reservation.
- No refunds or exchanges will be made for any unused, complementary components of travel service. No refunds will be provided for lost, destroyed or stolen documents or tickets. GotoBus reserves the right to determine whether to provide a refund for consumed travel products.
- All refunds are subject to the above provisions governing cancellations and changes, including applicable fees, and are further subject to any such fees or other charges imposed by Suppliers. No refunds will be awarded if GotoBus is charged for the travel service.
- Acceptance of a refund constitutes a waiver by the customer of all rights and remedies under applicable law other than the amount of the refund.
Accepted Use of Site
- By using GotoBus.com or any GotoBus-affiliated website, you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately.
- If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following Terms & Conditions, please do not access and/or use GotoBus.com or a GotoBus-affiliated website.
- GotoBus may change these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Please review these Terms & Conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by GotoBus. Your continued use of GotoBus.com or a GotoBus-affiliated website after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use GotoBus.com content (inclusive of text, images, URLs, pricing information, etc.) in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of GotoBus.com content requires the prior written permission of GotoBus (for more information on GotoBus' affiliate programs, click here).
- You agree to use GotoBus.com and GotoBus-affiliated websites only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of GotoBus.com.
- Your use of GotoBus.com or any GotoBus-affiliated sites is intended for personal, non-commercial use and/or to make legitimate requests to book the products or services offered. You agree not to use this site to make any speculative, false or fraudulent requests. You agree not to use robots or other automated means to access this site, unless specifically permitted by GotoBus.
Disclaimers & Limitations of Liability
- Under no circumstances will GotoBus or its agents, affiliates, service providers, suppliers, and/or distributors be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of GotoBus.com regardless of the form of action.
- GotoBus and its agents and suppliers, in making arrangements for hotels, tours, transportation or any service in connection with the itineraries of individual customers, shall not be liable for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity, liability or expense to person or property due to act of default by any hotel, carrier or other company or person providing services included in the tours.
- Furthermore, GotoBus and its agents and suppliers accept no responsibility for any sickness, pilferage, labor disputes, machinery breakdown, government restrains, acts of war and/or terrorism, weather conditions, defect in any vehicle of transportation or for any misadventure or casualty or any other causes beyond their control, nor for any additional expenses or damage due to changes in advertised schedules or services or any other cause outside of their control.
- GotoBus' content - including the information, names, images, pictures, logos, prices, dates, and availability regarding or relating to GotoBus, GotoBus.com and/or to a GotoBus-affiliated website, service provider, operator and/or distribution partner - is provided 'AS IS' and on an 'AS AVAILABLE' basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- At GotoBus we check and recheck the details about all the products and services we offer to accuracy. However, GotoBus does not warrant the accuracy, correctness, reliability, comprehensiveness, or currency of any content contained on GotoBus.com or any GotoBus-affiliated website.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- By visiting IvyMedia/GotoBus.com website, you agree that the laws of the state of Massachusetts, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and IvyMedia/GotoBus.com or its affiliates.
- Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to IvyMedia/GotoBus.com or to products you purchase through IvyMedia/GotoBus.com shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Boston, Massachusetts, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate IvyMedia/GotoBus.com's intellectual property rights, IvyMedia/GotoBus.com may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the state of Massachusetts, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.